The wonderful paper works of Lauren Clay

As always I started my day today by checking out the new wonders the worldwide web has to offer.
One of the web pages I recently came across and since has been a daily read, is color-collective: a blog by Lauren Willhite, created as a designers' resource for colour. The blog pulls colour palettes from the work of various designers, artists and photographers.

Today the blog featured this work:
Lauren Clay, Both sides in equal parts, 2010
Acrylic on cut paper, papier-mâché, wire, wood
Photograph courtesy of doublefluff

The use of colour and materials in this art piece made me want to see more of this artist, and a little clicking and googling led me to Lauren Clay's website, where I found (amongst others) the following beauties:

Lauren Clay, Granny Takes a Trip, 2011
Paper, acrylic, papier-mâché, plaster
Photograph courtesy of doublefluff

Lauren Clay, The unending amends we've made (imperishable wreath), 2010
Acrylic on cut paper,papier-mâché, wire, wood
Photograph courtesy of doublefluff

Lauren Clay, A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, 2009
Acrylic on cut paper, papier-mâché, foam, plastic
Photograph courtesy of doublefluff

There is not a lot of text or background information on the website, but in my opinion that's not a big loss, as Lauren Clays' artworks speak for themselves.
They certainly speak to me.

J.

My name is Jana, this is where i collect things